Oral Presentation Session
Dates of the oral presentation sessions (there might be some changes):
Requirements for abstracts:
- You must upload your abstract in one week after the purchase of the ticket to finalize your registration and be eligible for presentation sessions. Failure to do so will render your registration invalid.
- The abstract must be submitted in PDF format.
- The word count of the abstract must be between 300-500 words.
- We strongly recommend providing references used in your abstract (no more than 4 references)
- The abstract must be prepared as shown in the given abstract template.
- The abstract must be written in clear, fluent English. The presenter must revise the submitted work as it will be published as received.
- You will have the opportunity to upload the abstract twice. Once during registration, where the abstract can be written as your planned research idea. And second - the final one from March 20th to 26th.
- Once uploaded, the abstract can not be changed. Make sure to upload the correct one from the beginning.
- Suppose you do not upload the final abstract. In that case, the one used during the registration will be selected automatically. It will be rejected and registration suspended if not written according to the abstract template.
- Acceptance criteria for the abstracts:
- Clarity – the objectives of the research presented are clearly described;
- Significance and novelty of research;
- Methods used and described are appropriate to reach the desired objectives of the research;
- Presentation – the abstract is structured logically, clearly written, and free of grammatical errors.
- The abstract will be rejected if:
- It is not appropriate – the content of the abstract must be relevant to the life sciences;
- It is promotional – the abstract was written to promote a product or method;
- The primary author submits more than one abstract – a primary author is allowed to present only one oral presentation but can be a co-author of another oral presentation.
- If it is not written according to the given template.
Requirements for presentations:
- Talks will be allotted 15 minutes total. Your presentation should last for 10-12 minutes, leaving 3-5 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Presentations must be prepared with MS PowerPoint.
- Presentations must be in English.
- The presenter must send the presentation slides to the organizers at email@example.com no later than 19th April, 12:00 EET. By doing this, you ensure that organizers have time to check whether your presentation works with the conference's computer.
At the conference The COINS, your academic oral presentation will be evaluated for various criteria by leading scientists in the field, and applaudable presentations will be awarded for their excellence.
Here we provide the Evaluation Form. Please remember, that the organizers reserve the right to make necessary changes to the evaluation form without any additional notice.
It is important to remember that the organizers may provide additional points during the oral presentation evaluation session if:
- You send your slides in time.
- Your abstract satisfies all given requirements (see above).
- You compose your abstract using the template provided.
- Your presentation doesn't exceed the total 15 minutes limit and you leave at least 3 minutes for questions and discussion.